Let’s Take a Look at How to Build a Website
Not only am I going to show you a place where you can learn how to build a website in WordPress they’re also going to show you how to build a website FOR FREE in Under 30 Seconds, actually not one but… two websites for free!
Yes, I know it sounds too good to be true, you’ll have the ‘bones’ of a website and all you need to do is create the content!
Honestly, I’m just going to get straight into it… after over 8 years online I reckon the best place on finding how to build a website yourself and for FREE would be to go to How to Build a Website in WordPress or Click on the video below (it will open in a new tab):
If you want to learn how to build a website ‘the right way’ Wealthy Affiliate certainly has everything you need, and as I said above you can build two websites for free with all of the training and help that you need to do so…
Here’s a Little About My Journey Building Websites
Over 8 years ago I wanted to learn how to build a website and in those 8 years I’ve built a number of affiliate websites following through with many different online training’s, both free and paid.
The only problem with following so many different training’s is that you get a ‘mixed bag’ type of website, nothing seems to be cohesive.
At the same time as building Affiliate Websites I also dabbled in Video Marketing, Pay Per Click advertising on Bing, Email Marketing… well… you name as far as online marketing, I’ve probably done it!
I needed focus and that’s when I found Wealthy Affiliate – long story short, that’s where my ‘online home’ is now and I’m super excited and grateful that I did find WA.
I’m now concentrating just on two websites – I went with the paid option inside of Wealthy Affiliate because I wanted to take my training and my websites to the next level.
Just so you know, here’s the difference between having a Free Starter Membership and going Premium in Wealthy Affiliate
What Should a Website Offer Its Visitors’
Here’s what I feel a user friendly website should offer:
- Easy to Read Colour Scheme – I can’t think of anything worse than a colour scheme that has you squinting or needing a magnifying glass to read the content. I had just that experience the other day (no website mentioned here), the background was a forest scene throughout the website and the print was in white.
- Some places you could read the text against the green and darker colours, but in other places there were patches of white – ummm – white text on a white background? Did the creator not see the problem in that…hmmm!
- I usually stick with the black text on a white background – simple… yes, but works every time.
- Effective & Easy to Navigate – which means making sure you choose a simple theme that your visitors can easily navigate and find the content they’re looking for. This may include having simple menus with ‘drop-down’ sub menus
- Well Formatted Content – which means making your content easy to scan inside of having good headings and sub headings, correct and smaller paragraphing makes all the difference, so your visitors can ‘scan’ through your content to find the information they need
- Quality Content – if you’re on the net, you’re always searching for something, and for me, I want to read good quality content without the ‘bull’. Just tell me like it is, because I can see through the charade – if there is one.
- Written in Good, Readable English – It can be difficult to read something and understand it if it’s not written in proper English, an idea is to have your content outsourced if you can’t write it yourself.
- Able to load quickly – so your visitors have quick access to your website without delays in loading – slow loading of your website can have your visitors click away and go somewhere else for what they’re looking for – slow loading doesn’t look good in Big G’s eyes either – yes they see it all!
- Mobile friendly – in this day and age there’s so many people now searching for answers to their questions on their mobile devices, as website builders we have to make our websites mobile friendly – if not – you’re missing out on a huge audience
Decision Time – Want to Build a Website for Free?
Ok… so here’s where we get to the decision making, do you want to find a way and some simple training on learning how to build a WordPress website for free?
You can put together an excellent website in a short time – depending on the time constraints you may have – I’ve seen Wealthy Affiliate members put up a website in a few days and some might take a few weeks, like I said, it depends on what sort of time you can set aside.
Honestly… do yourself a favour and just go and check out Wealthy Affiliates, you’ll be so stoked you did!
Have you had experience with building websites before? I would like to hear from you if you have, or, if you have any questions, please leave them below and I will get back to you ASAP.
Internet Marketing Product Reviewers